Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Semuc Champey, Part 3 of a Few

The caves!

This cave tour was one of the coolest things I have done in my life! A few minutes away from our hostel, we took an adventure through the K´an-ba caves. Picture this: no lights, just candles you hold in your hand. Swimming through underground rivers that weave through the caves. Not being able to touch a lot of the time, so you end up treading water and swimming with one hand while holding the candle above your head with the other hand. Jumping off of a cliff inside the cave system and having to trust the guide when he tells you to "to jump where I'm shining my flashlight and you'll be fine." Oh, and rope climbing and rapelling down underground waterfalls. No big deal.

IT WAS AWESOME.








3 comments:

Mallory said...

SO cool! I want to go cave swimming! Your photos from your whole trip are amazing, Carrie! Miss you!!

Carrie said...

Mallory!!! I miss you TOO!

Betsy McCallen said...

That is SOOO cool! Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment