Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tía Duty: Check.

At 12 p.m. today, I officially ended my December-long tour of being a tía. We made it! (And we may or may not have celebrated with a spiked coffee at 12:15 p.m.)

It's kind of funny how I spent this entire year thinking that this intense, exhausting, crazy month of being a full-time tía was looming ahead. For 11 months, December seemed like it was the biggest deal. And now, it's over. It came and it went and it felt like almost nothing at all. How did that happen?

I was telling a friend the other day that sure, tía-ing has its horrible moments, but there are a lot of really great moments too. So at the end of the day, it all sort of balances out. I don't think I really look back on this month in specific good-or-bad moments -- it just sort of felt like one big blob of an experience.

An experience I would like to repeat any time soon? Probably not. But an experience I'm glad I did? Yeah. Yes. Definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment