Monday, March 8, 2010

Banoffee Pie. Best Dessert I've Eaten in a While.

This weekend we took a trip to the tourist-heavy but very cute Rainbow Café in Antigua. It's a restaurant, live music venue, bookshop, and book swap all in one. We sat in a corner "booth" full of throw pillows and decorative curtains, and I ordered what is probably the most delicious thing I have eaten since my arrival in Guatemala.

The Banoffee Pie.

Taken straight from the website menu description, the Banoffee Pie is "A Rainbow specialty; sweet honey biscuit base, covered in a thick layer of caramel and slices of fresh banana, topped with a generous helping of fluffy cream. Dusted with chocolate powder." In my opinion, they should just call it "heaven."

I ordered it with a cold glass of milk (really, how much more perfect could it get?) and amazed my friends at how fast I scarfed it down.

Yum yum yum yum yum.


This made my day.

This too.

No comments:

Post a Comment