Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Aniversario, Part 2


Now, if you thought Friday was fun, you ain't seen nothin' yet. :)

Saturday, all teams met up again bright and early at 8 a.m. With flags, mascots, more matching outfits, and plenty of energy in tow, we played this year's Aniversario games!

I had heard that the day of games would be long and that I might get dirty at some point, but I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with only a quick break for lunch, we played one intense game after another.

I was drenched after passing a massive sponge over my head. I was covered in mud after crawling on the ground through it about seven different times that day. I was covered in freezing, muddy water after diving through tire swings hanging in a giant mud pit. I was covered in sand after racing to fill up a bucket with as much sand as possible from the volleyball court -- only using our shoes to carry the sand. I was soapy from the running balloons up a slip n' slide tarp, and my arms were killing me after one too many go's at the tug-of-war game carefully placed over a huge trench of muddy water.

Did I mention I got a little bit dirty?

Did I mention it was possibly the most fun I have had in a long time? :)

All day long, teams ran around screaming their cheers and waving their flags, meanwhile covered in mud and water and probably about to get muddier and wetter. It was an absolute blast.

Sunday, I was completely dead, but the exhaustion and aching limbs were totally worth it. Aniversario, I absolutely loved you. :)

 Sponge pass! My team's first game of the day. Way to start the day off soaking wet.
 Tree trunk run! Run this tree trunk around the yard as fast as you can. What?!
 Bryan!
 Obstacle course
 SO  MUCH MUD THAT DAY.
 Water balloon volleyball.
 A stilts-walking contest. That's a new one for me.
 Tug-of-war!
 Tree climbing contest, haha. 
More mud crawling in the obstacle course.
 More tug-of-war!
 Mud pit obstacle course.
 Helping out the team.
 Bryan, our little naranjito.
 More sponge pass!
 Careful not to slip on that soap covered tarp.
Feliz Aniversario!

No comments:

Post a Comment