Friday, June 11, 2010

The Mundial Begins!

In case you've been living under a roca, newsflash: The World Cup, or Mundial, begins today!

Now, I gotta admit that I'm really not a soccer person. I don't play very gracefully (I blame Mom and Dad for never signing me up for a team against my will when I was five years old), and I've never followed professional teams in my life. Needless to say, I don't exactly fit in in Latin America, where fútbol is religion.

However, I have learned a few important soccer tenets from the kids here:

1. I should hate Mexico's team.
2. I should think Cristiano Ronaldo is hot.
3. And I should know all the words to K'naan and Shakira's World Cup songs -- which I do (Waka waka!).

I'm good to go!

Now, with the arrival of the World Cup, let me also introduce to the newest member of our house:


THAT'S RIGHT. We have a TV! Gracias a Celeste begging and pleading for us, the NPH house is letting the volunteers borrow a TV to watch all the games from the comfort of our own couch (at absurdly early hours of the day...like 5 a.m.)!

And Celeste created some friendly rules too. :)


Tele exclusivamente para el Mundial 2010.
TV exclusively for the 2010 World Cup.

Silencio durante los partidos porfa.
Silence during the games please.

Si no sabes de fútbol, pregunta despúes del partido.
If you don't know anything about soccer, ask after the game.


Haha, woo Mundial! Waka Waka!

No comments:

Post a Comment