I thought about it. I felt guilty about it. I even stared at the little orange "Create New Post" button more than once. But I just couldn't do it. I just didn't have it in me. As much as I wanted it to be, this "layover in Louisville" was not a time to be excitedly blogging about my daily activities. Because to be honest, they aren't very exciting. They're certainly no Guatemala.
But, it has been a time to lie low and save up money, which I have been successful at! And that reminds me: I have a new blogging project.
Relax! I'm no traitor! I haven't abandoned You Only Live Once! Let's just think of it as...I'm on sabbatical. :)
I'm now the Louisville writer for VisitSouth.com, a great website about where to go, what to see and what to eat throughout the South. I'm posting twice a week there, keeping myself busy exploring this city.
So follow me! I've decided to start linking to all my new posts from here. I know it's not exactly the same, but as a good friend recently told me, "It's like I can still stalk you. Well, I can at least stalk where you are eating this week." :)
So stay tuned! Take notes on all of Louisville's restaurants, hotels, attractions and events for the next time you want to come visit me (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), and in the meantime, you have some catching up to do!
- Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest, Clermont, KY - a 14,000-acre nature preserve for the eco-friendly traveler
- Hillbilly Tea, Louisville, KY - "Y'all come on by for a jar of tea"
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, Louisville, KY - Sure to be a hit -- for baseball fans young and old
- Wild Eggs, Louisville, KY - Best breakfast in town
- Georgetown Drive-In, Georgetown, IN - A slice of Americana at a beloved roadside attraction
- Coals Artisan Pizza, Louisville, KY - The artisan pizza trend comes to Kentucky
- Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, Santa Claus, IN - Free parking, free drinks, free sunscreen, priceless fun
- Kentucky State Fair 2011, Louisville, KY - Just you and 600,000 of your closest funnel cake-eating, ride-riding, concert-going friends
- Dairy Kastle, Louisville, KY - Because the longest lines always lead to the best ice cream