Monday, December 12, 2011

New Year's News!

I just planned a spontaneous New Year's trip, and I AM SO EXCITED.

Nearly two years ago (whoa -- scary to write that), I first met Cheryl when we both arrived in Guatemala in January of 2010. She was my first official Central American travel buddy, and she remains one of my all-time favorites. She's also the best Thanksgiving host ever.

While catching up this weekend, she invited me to spend New Year's with her back at our favorite Guatemalan destination, beautiful Lake Atitlan. I didn't even need to think about my answer. "Yes. When should I arrive? How long can we stay? When will the overeating at Guajimbo's begin?"

Within a few hours of her invite, I'd booked a flight (I got a good deal, and the bus takes like 14 hours; I'll consider it a Christmas present to myself) and started my mental countdown.

Gracias a Cheryl for her never-ending hospitality, and gracias a Dios for this much-much-much-needed vacation. In just a little over two weeks, I'll be here!


This will be my third New Year's in a row spent in Guatemala and my second spent at Lake Atitlan. Life may not be perfect, but I'd say things could be a whole lot worse. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment